The Samsung Galaxy S3 as expected will arrive with hundreds of custom ROM, Omega v12 finally comes here as it’s dubbed as XXBLG9. This firmware comes with a lot of advanced features included in the pack which we will go through this article. In this article, we will go through the update guide upon which you will be successfully able to update your device and apply the updates accordingly. Samsung Galaxy S III to Omega 12 Custom Firmware
To apply this firmware on to your Samsung Galaxy S III your device should be rooted. If you are unsure what’s rooting then please go through the Root Checker Android application to check for the rooting. Please make sure that you go through primary requirements like –
- Make sure that the model number shown under the Settings > About Phone is GT I9300 and not any other model as sold in various countries.
- Make sure that you have enough battery, considerably at least 50 % should be left on your device.
- Make sure that you take the backup of the existing files on your mobile phone. Do backup SMS, Contacts, Call Logs and other settings.
- You should enable USB debugging on your device. You can go through the settings by following the path to “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging” making sure Debugging is selected. USB Debugging
Once you have followed these instructions apply the updates on your device.
Features of Omega v12
Check all the important features included this firmware is
- All stock applications
- Flipboard updated to the latest version
- Google Maps App updated to the latest version
- Gmail App updated to the latest version
- Play Store v3.7.15 is the latest version
- Introduces S memo
- Modem XXLH1
- Kernel Stock XXLG9
- efs Backup (added the option to create efs backup during installation)
- ClockWorkMod Recovery 184.108.40.206 v1.5 by Chainfire – (removed from v10)
- CWM Manager v3.60 by Chainfire
- CSC: BLF1 – set be default to EUR
- Busybox v1.20.2
- SuperSU v0.94
- Procedure to Apply Omega v12 Custom ROM to Galaxy S III
First, download the Omega 12 Custom ROM Firmware Package on to your PC. This is a large file size and downloads it from any of the sources in through that link.
Once downloaded you need to connect your device using the USB cable to the PC and then transfer the downloaded content to the root of your SD card.
Once that is done, you need to disconnect your device and then turn off your device so that you can enter it in recovery mode.
One can easily enter in recovery mode by going through volume up button, Home key and the power button together pressed all at once. You can make use of the following video for recovery mode –
When you are in the recovery mode menu you need to go through the option of “Wipe data/factory reset” & “Wipe Cache partition”.
- Hit “++++ Go Back ++++” to return back to recovery menu.
- Now hit “Advanced” and then clear off the Dalvik cache on your device. If you are using official Samsung ROM then you can skip this step.
- Now you need to select “install zip from sd card” > “choose zip from internal sd card” and then choose the
- Omega 12 custom ROM firmware package placed on your device.
- Upon the selection of the file, it will take around 5 minutes, not more than that to apply these updates to your device.
Your phone would be automatically restarted on the new firmware.
Once the updates are applied you can head to “Settings > About Phone” to check whether you have been updated to the Omega 12 custom ROM or not. Do let us know if you face any issues during the update procedure.
Originally posted 2018-08-23 15:11:25.