For HTC the Incredible 2 did qualify for the Ice Cream Sandwich update but there is no update available at the moment. Here comes the custom ROM built on the latest firmware of AOKP, dubbed as Build 40 firmware. The Android AOKP is the official source code release and various developers modify the firmware and introduced their customized ROM and so it has got a very long list of features included in the package.
In this article, we will go through the procedure on how you can update Incredible 2 with the AOKP based with Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich Build 40 firmware. Check out the procedure here. This includes the following improvements and enhancements –
- Fixed DRM issues
- Made lock screen weather app lost prettier
- Fixed tablets
- Added NFC toggle support
- Added Achromatic theme
- Update Nva
- Added custom Wi-Fi SSID FC
Pre Upgrade Instructions
Follow the below-mentioned pre-upgrade requirements before your update your device –
- Make sure that you have more than 50 % battery life on your device.
- If your HTC Incredible S device is not locked then you can apply this update or else don’t apply this.
- Please enable the USB Debugging mode in your HTC Incredible 2 from the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging”. The USB Debugging option should be ticked.
- You should take the back up of your phone and this might be helpful to you –
SMS – Use “SMS Backup & Restore app”
Contacts – Sync with the Gmail application
Call Log – Call Log and Restore
Songs, Videos & Files – Copy to internal / External SD Card,
APN and MMS Settings – Note down manually via “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”.
AOKP Based Build 40 Firmware Upgrade Instructions
Follow the below procedure carefully to update your device to the Build 40 firmware –
- Download the Incredible 2 Build 40 firmware package and the Google Apps package on to your computer form the server.
- Connect your HTC Incredible 2 using the USB cable to your PC and move the downloaded package to the root of your SD card.
- Disconnect the device from the PC and also download the Root Checker app from Google Play Store for free.
- Turn off your device so that you can enter it in recovery mode with bootloader mode.
- One can do it on Incredible 2 smartphone by pressing the Volume UP Key + OK button, and holding both simultaneously press the Power Button.
- Select “recovery” so as to enter it in recovery mode. Now select Wipe data/factory reset and also select Wipe Cache partition. Select the HTC Incredible 2 AOKP Firmware package by selecting Install Zip from SD card > Choose zip from SD card and navigate to the file location.
- Once that is done go back and hit reboot system now option.
With that procedure, you have successfully applied the AOKP based Build 40 firmware package on to your phone.