The Android 4.0.4 Ice Cream Sandwich is prevalent in the market and your Samsung Galaxy Note N7000 might have received this update officially but here comes the one ICS based custom ROM which is feature rich and it comes with most stable feedback.
In this article, we go through details on how you can apply this firmware to your Samsung Galaxy Note N7000 device based on the XXLRK Firmware.
Features & Enhancements
The following features are added in this firmware –
- Based on official XXLRK Firmware
- Modem XXLRK
- deodexed, zipaligned and rooted by me
- Kernel Notecore 8.1 (thanks gavin)
- added multiple CSC-Files
- fixed CRT-Off Animation
- 4 Way Power Menu included
- Full SIP (VOIP) support
- Native Call-Rec
- LiveWallpapers Galaxy S3
- Swype included
- Google keyboard included
- Auto BackUp EFS / sdcard / efs.autobackup.img
- added Playstation Certification
- added BEATS Audio (thx Awesome!)
- JB wallpapers included
Pre Upgrade Instructions
Please make sure that you go through this pre upgrade instructions –
- Also, you should ensure that your phone is charged up to 50 % of the overall battery life. This is to ensure that your phone doesn’t turn off during the process of the firmware update.
- Please make sure that you have enabled the USB debugging on your smart phone. To do that you need to head to Settings > Applications > Development and then select USB debugging”.
- Make sure that you have selected the USB debugging option as ON. To do that follow the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging”.
- Take the back up of an existing application on your mobile phone and you can make use of –
SMS – Use “SMS Backup & Restore app”,
Contacts – Sync with the Gmail application,
Call Log – Call Log and Restore
Procedure to Apply Update
Ensuring that you have followed the above pre requisites you need to follow the below-mentioned instructions to apply the updates on your device –
- Download the Rocket ROM Firmware Package on to your laptop or PC. It’s a large file and first download that, after wards proceed with the updates.
- Once downloaded, using the USB cable you need to connect Galaxy Note to the PC and place the zip in your device memory.
- Once the transfer is done, remove the device safely and power of your devices so as you can enter in the recovery mode.
- Once can easily enter Galaxy Note in the recovery mode by pressing the key combination of Volume down key, OK button and holding them simultaneously you need to press the Power button.
- You will then see the Recovery menu options. Among the several options, you need to select “install zip from sd card” > “choose zip from sd card” and select the downloaded package file. It will then take 10 minutes to apply the updates to your device and once it’s done, hit “++++ Go Back ++++” and then finally select “reboot system now”.
In case if your device doesn’t boot up, then remove the battery and reinsert it to try again. Do let us know if you face any issues during the update process.
Originally posted 2013-03-10 16:36:31.