The Samsung Galaxy Note i717 available on the AT & T is a revolutionary device called phablet and this gets the Android 4.0.4 love of ICS. This update is been pushed to the device officially by AT & T development team and Samsung and if you didn’t get this update on your phone via Over the air update then you can apply this firmware manually as well.
Please note that this new release comes with all the capabilities and the bug fixes as well along with battery optimization. Please note that this firmware upgrade is available solely for the AT & T based Samsung Galaxy Note devices with model number as I717 but not to any other international or carrier-based version. To check for the Galaxy Note version you can go through Settings > About Phone and view the model number of your Galaxy Note device.
During the process of the firmware upgrade here, everything on your phone would be lost and you need to ensure that your data is backed up by the sources by which you back up early. If you are not aware on how to backup then you can make use of the below steps to back up easily.
SMS – Use “SMS Backup & Restore app”
Contacts – Sync with the Gmail application
Call Log – Call Log and Restore
Images, Songs, Videos, Files – Copy to internal / External SD Card,
APN and MMS Settings – Note down manually
Also apart from that, you need to ensure that your device should be charged at least more than half as to ensure that it shouldn’t turn OFF in the middle of the firmware update. Also, you should download all the drivers related to your device and on your PC and install the same. With all the steps that you have followed, we are ready for the firmware upgrade processor.
Procedure for Android ICS on Galaxy Note i717
- Download the ICS Package for Galaxy Note first to your PC and once downloaded extract the same on your PC.
- Also, you need to download the Odin for Galaxy Note and extract the same to your PC. Open the Odin tool and turn off your Galaxy Note device so that you can enter it in download mode.
- Download mode on Galaxy Note can be entered by pressing the key combination of volume down key, OK button and the power button together for few seconds. You can make use of the following video for download mode
- Connect your phone using the USB Cable to the PC and check in the Odin that ID: COM port turns Yellow.
- Click on PDA tab in Odin and select the “I717UCLF6_I717ATTLF6_I717UCLF6_HOME.tar.md5 file.
- Once that is done you need to hit Start.
- It will take 4 to 5 minutes to apply the updates and once that is done you need to disconnect the USB Cable and proceed to recovery mode. You can make use of the following video for recovery mode –
- Galaxy Note can be entered into recovery mode by pressing the key combination of Volume Up key, OK button and holding them press the power button.
- In the recovery mode you need to select Wipe data/factory reset and also you need to select Wipe Cache partition and then reboot your device now-now.
- With that, your phone is flashed with Android ICS 4.0.4 package.
Do let us know if you face any issues in the process of applying this update.
Originally posted 2013-03-10 16:06:23.