The official Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich version has arrived for the Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 for those who have the former version of Honeycomb running on their device. In this article, we go through the Galaxy Tab 10.1 Wi-Fi P7510 firmware upgrade to the official Android 4.0 firmware release. This update hasn’t been rolled out officially worldwide, only selectively to various regions, but the interested users can grab this on their device as well.
This update comes with a lot of bug fixes and there is a major change in the user interface, however, you might not see much difference in the UI as the Honeycomb is almost same as Android 4.0.
Pre Upgrade Requirements
- Make sure that your device is Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 Wi-Fi with the model number a P7510 and not any other similar model. You can check the model number by going through “Settings > About Tablet”.
- Users must ensure that they have taken the backup of data present on their tablet as it might get corrupted or get lost during the process of the firmware update. You can use KIES for backing up of the data or follow your known procedure.
- The users should enable the KIES Mode on their device. These settings can be found on “Settings > Applications > Development > KIES Mode”.
- Also, ensure that the battery life left on the device should be at least 40 % so as to ensure that device doesn’t get turned off in the middle.
- Users should also disable any antivirus or firewall protection to provide uninterrupted service during the process.
Once you have done that you are ready to update your device. Follow the instructions mentioned below.
Procedure to Update Galaxy Tab 10.1 to ICS 4.0 Firmware
- You need to download the ICS UELPL Firmware Package & Odin on to your PC. These are large size files
- Once download you need to unzip the same on to your PC.
- Now open the Odin tool and install on your PC.
- Turn off the Galaxy Tab so that you can enter it in download mode.
- One can easily enter Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 by pressing the key combination of volume down button, Power On button.
- Once that is done, you need to connect your Galaxy Tab to the PC using the USB cable and while Odin tool is open on your PC, the ID: COM port shows Yellow colour which means everything is going perfectly as of now.
- Click on PDA and select “P7510XABLPL_P7510UELPL_HOME.tar.md5“ from the files downloaded above.
- Once the selection is done, you can hit the Start button to proceed with the firmware update. It will take more than 4 to 5 minutes for the updates to be applied. Once the updates are successful the device will be rebooted automatically.
With that, you have successfully update your device to the official Android 4.0 ICS update.
Originally posted 2018-08-24 13:05:27.