Samsung Galaxy Ace S5830 is still preferred by many users although its upgraded version in the form of Galaxy Ace Plus is available in the market. Here comes the Android 2.3.6 Gingerbread based XWKTM firmware upgraded officially by Samsung to this device and further in this article we would go through the steps to do it.
Pre Upgrade Instructions
Before you go through the upgrade procedure you need to pass through the following pre upgrade instructions –
- Make sure that this update is only for the users who own Samsung Galaxy Ace S5830 smartphone but not any other version like Galaxy Ace S5830i. Check the model version in About phone under Settings.
- Please make sure that rooting would be removed from your phone and again you need to root your device if rooted earlier.
- Also, you need to take the backup of various apps, files and lot more on your mobile phone as this firmware upgrade will delete all the data on your phone.
- Please make sure that you have more than 60 % battery life left on your phone.
Make sure that you need to have USB Debugging installed on your Galaxy Ace S5830 phone. The path to perform this operation is Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging” and you should tick the USB debugging option.
Users need to understand that this is a custom ROM and they are proceeding with this update on their own risk. Neither developer nor we would be held responsible.
Galaxy Ace for 2.3.6 Gingerbread based XWKTM Firmware Upgrade
Follow the below procedure to upgrade to Galaxy Ace to Android 2.3.6 official release –
- You need to download Odin tool and the XWKTM 2.3.6 firmware for Galaxy Ace on to your PC. Once downloaded extract the same on your computer and get the following files.
- Also, unzip the Odin tool and install it on your computer.
- Now keep the Odin tool open.
- Power off your Galaxy Ace S5830 smartphone so that you can enter it in download mode.
- One can easily enter the Ace S5830 phone by holding the three keys combination of Volume Down keys, the OK button and the power button together for few seconds. Once your device boots up with something different than you see you are through the download mode. You can make use of the following video for download mode –
- Once you are in the download mode, using the USB cable connect your phone to the PC.
- As soon as you connect your phone to the PC, successful confirmation is done when you see the ID : COM port turns Yellow, which means the drivers have been installed successfully.
- Now you need to click on “OPS” tab and then select “Cooper_v1.0.ops” and then tick mark the “One Package” option. And in ”One Package” option select “S5830XWKTM_S5830OXXKT3_S5830XWKT7_HOME.tar.md5”.
- Confirm the same files selection is correct or not and then tap on the “Start” button to proceed with the upgrade procedure. It will take not more than 5 minutes for the devices to apply the updates. Your phone would be restarted automatically. And in the Odin tool, you will see the “Pass” message.
- Remove the USB cable from your phone.
- Once that is done you need to enter your phone in the recovery mode. One can easily enter Galaxy Ace in the recovery mode by pressing the volume up button, power button and the OK button for some time. You can make use of the following video for recovery mode –
- Once you are in the recovery you need to select “Wipe data/factory reset” and then select “Wipe Cache Partition” and then reboot your device by selecting “reboot system now”.
- Your phone restarts normally now. Can take a while as its first time to be booted in the new firmware.
So with that, you are on the official Android 2.3.6 Gingerbread version based on the XWKTM firmware. You can check the same on the About Phone section under Settings.
Originally posted 2013-03-10 00:54:19.