So, It’s finally that the Custom ROM is available for the Samsung Galaxy R, now you can install Android 4.0 or any other custom ROM on your device easily. The Rooting process voids the warranty of a mobile phone, so that in case your mobile phone gets bricked, install the default firmware of which you have taken backup of.
Note: The Rooting process breaks the warranty of your mobile phone warranty. There are many benefits of rooting you can browse the root without getting any access denied errors, try root-only applications and install Custom Firmware on your device in a very easy manner.
Pre-Requisites to Root Galaxy R I9103
Backup all of your data stored in the Internal memory of your Galaxy R. The Backup should be taken using Nandroid or The Recovery mode, as if it’s taken using KIES Software then it won’t back up the system files.
- The instructions are working for Samsung Galaxy R, I9103 Originally manufactured.
- Backup all of your SMS Messages using SMS Backup Application.
- Sync all of your Contacts with the Gmail Application.
- Copy all of your notes manually to somewhere else, as if in case your mobile phone gets bricked these notes will be deleted from the mobile phone.
- Take a backup of call logs, APN Settings, and other important things.
- Charge your mobile phone so that it would be having more than 60% battery.
- Disable all antivirus and firewall related tools installed on your computer as they can prevent the application of Root in the mobile phone.
- Now, enable USB Debugging Mode in your mobile phone (Settings > Applications >Development > USB Debugging).
Rooting Galaxy R I9103 on Gingerbread
Note: We have written each and every step clearly in order to make the Root applied successfully but if any wrong step is taken then Neither me nor thedroidnation.com will be held responsible in case your device gets bricked.
- Download the Rooting Package of Samsung Galaxy R, and save it to a new folder in your computer to avoid any confusion.
- Shoot up the Odin3_v1.0 executable file and then Turn off your Galaxy R in order to start it in the downloading mode (Download Mode can be easily entered by pressing Volume Down+ OK Button, and holding both simultaneously press the power button).
- After entering the Download Mode, connect your mobile phone to the Computer using the Original USB Cable. Once you connect your mobile phone to the computer, the ID: COM Section in the ODIN Window will turn Yellow.
- After that move on to the next step, and click on the PDA Tab and select the file named “GalaxyR_i9103_RootingTAR_AAD” which will be there in the extracted folder.
- Once, everything is done correctly click on Start button and the process of rooting will begin and within a minute your device will be successfully rooted.
- Your device will restart itself in the same way it starts and your mobile phone will be successfully rooted.
- In case your mobile phone seems to be giving problems then again enter the recovery mode using STEP 4 and then in recovery mode, select “Wipe data/factory reset” and “Wipe Cache partition” and after that reboot your device by selecting “reboot system now” option.
Congratulations!! You’ve successfully rooted your Galaxy R i9103 running on Gingerbread.
Originally posted 2012-10-14 14:36:53.