The upgrade version of the Samsung Galaxy Ace the super hit phone in the mid-price range is launched recently and users love the upgrade version of Ace named Ace Plus S7500. As you know how important the rooting for are the users like you can install many applications which required admin privileges and importantly one can install the custom firmware’s on their phone. With so many advantages one would be looking to install the custom Recovery Image on their Ace Plus handset which allows you to do that.
Follow the instructions mentioned below to root your Galaxy Ace Plus handset and also install the custom Recovery image.
Essential Pre Upgrade Instructions
Make sure that you have gone through the following pre upgrade instructions before updating to the latest firmware.
- Make sure that this update is only for the users who own Samsung Galaxy Ace Plus S7500 smartphone but not any other like Galaxy Ace Duos or Galaxy Ace.
- Please make sure that you have more than 60 % battery life left on your phone.
- You need to take the backup of all the data on your phone as this would be lost after this firmware upgrade and so you can make use of the following applications –
SMS – Use “SMS Backup & Restore app”
Contacts – Sync with the Gmail application
Call Log – Call Log and Restore
Songs, Videos & Files – Copy to internal / External SD Card,
APN and MMS Settings – Note down manually via “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”.
- Make sure that you need to have USB Debugging installed on your Galaxy Ace Plus phone. Follow the path Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging and you should tick the USB debugging option.
- Irrespective of the firmware which you are ON, you can proceed with the upgrade.
Disclaimer: Since this is a custom ROM, users should understand that they are proceeding with this update on their own risk. Neither developer nor we would be held responsible.
Root & Install Custom Recovery Image on Samsung Galaxy Ace Plus S7500
Follow the instructions mentioned here carefully –
- First, you need to download the rooting package, Odin, Rooting Tar file to your computer.
- Now open the Odin file and install it on your computer.
- Connect your phone to the PC using the USB Cable and then place the Root Me zip file on the root of your SD card, not deeper into the files else it may spoil the device.
- Now disconnect the USB connection after successful transfer so that you can enter your phone in the recovery mode.
- First, switch off your phone and then press the various key combinations of the Volume up key + OK button and the power button. You can refer to the below video just in case you are not able to get into recovery.
- In the recovery mode you need to select the option of ‘Install zip from SD card’ > Choose zip from SD card and then select the Root Me Zip Package which you have placed in the device.
- Once that is done, you need to select ‘++++ Go Back ++++’ then select reboot system now and then reboot your phone.
- Once that is done you need to power of your Galaxy Ace Plus phone and this time you need to enter it the download mode. One can easily enter the phone in the download mode by pressing the various key combination of the volume down key, centre key and holding them you need to press the power button. You can make use of the following video for download mode –
- Now open the Odin tool and then connect your phone using the USB Cable after which you will see the ID: COM turns Yellow.
- Now tap on PDA and then select the “Rooting Tar File” which you have downloaded earlier and then tap on the “Start” to begin the process of update.
- Once that is done you will be able to see the home screen after that you need to disconnect the device from the PC.
With that, you have installed the root permissions on your Galaxy Ace Plus and also installed the custom recovery image. Do let us know if that doesn’t work out on your PC.
Originally posted 2012-10-17 13:42:39.