Here comes one more surprise to the Sony Xperia Arc handset as it gets the xMOD Ice Bean Android 4.0.4 firmware and in the due course of this article, we will go through on how you can install the latest firmware version of Android 4.0.4. In few days we might see JellyBean 4.1 firmware by Jader13254 who has developed this xMOD Ice Bean ROM. Though this firmware is based on the Android 4.0 ICS it includes many of the Jelly Bean features like a keyboard, Google Now, Launcher and the Google Play Store.
Please make sure that you apply this firmware to Sony Xperia Arc smartphone that you have. Just before updating your smartphone and we going through the instructions, you need to back up your device and follow some instructions to be performed on your device.
You need to take the backup of the all the data present on your mobile in case if the data gets corrupted during the firmware upgrade, you can restore back the same.
SMS – Use “SMS Backup & Restore app”,
Contacts – Sync with the Gmail application,
Call Log – Call Log and Restore
Ensure that you have turned off the antivirus protections and ensure that you have minimum battery left on your device. You should also ensure that USB debugging is enabled on your device as well. Once you are ready with this pre upgrade instructions then only you can proceed to the firmware upgrade.
Update Sony Xperia Arc with xMOD Ice Bean 4.0.4 ROM
Before you proceed with the upgrade, the basic instruction first up is to ensure that Bootloader in your Xperia Arc handset is unlocked and the device is also rooted. Once you have done that follow the procedure mentioned below –
- You need to download xMod Ice Bean 4.0.4 Firmware Package on to your PC. Once downloaded you need to connect your device using the USB cable and then place the downloaded zip file on to your device.
- Disconnect the device and turn off off the source so that you can enter it in recovery mode.
- To enter Xperia Arc in recovery mode you need to press the volume down button and the power button simultaneously. Once done, the device gets through the Clockwork mod recovery.
- In the recovery mode, you need to select “install zip from sd card” > “choose zip from sd card” and then choose the xMOD firmware package which is placed on your device. Wait for 5 minutes until the update is applied.
- Now follow the on-screen instructions to restart your phone.
Once your phone is restarted it means that custom ROM is applied to your device. Do let us know if you face any issues