Android Market was recently renamed as the Google Play Store. The Latest version which has arrived is v3.5.15. The Play Store v3.5.15 can be installed by anyone who has a device running Android 2.3 or higher. You Just need to download and install the app to upgrade your current Android Market App.
This is a major Android Update that brings lots of features and bug fixes with it. The Google Play Store is more faster now. The Build version of the Google Play Store is 3.5.15. The new update is not yet coming on many devices, the devices which have updated to the new Android Market are Android 2.3+ that means the App would work on Gingerbread and ICS Devices.
What’s New in Google Play Store 3.5.15
- You now have the Installed and All tabs you can swipe between. The former one is what we used to have before – it lists all apps installed on your device. The latter lists all apps you’ve ever installed in case you want to download them again or travel down the memory lane. This is quite handy, and I’ve seen this list before in the Play Store on the web, so it’s great to get it here in the mobile app.
- The All tab contains a handy dropdown with all your accounts (if you added more than one) and lets you switch between them very easily (as opposed to clicking Menu, etc).
- The list of apps you have purchased but uninstalled or haven’t installed yet has moved to the All tab… which means it’s now mixed in with the free apps you no longer have on the device. I’m not sure how I feel about that – on one hand, I like that it’s gone from the first list, but ideally, there should be a way to filter paid apps from free in the All list. Maybe someday…
- A few of the stock apps that apparently never got linked to the Play Store before got identified and picked up this time, and updates to such orphans were waiting for me when I fired the Store up. I’ve complained about this very bug in my last rant, and it looks like someone listened.
- Just like in the web Play Store:
– reviews now show the device used by the reviewer
– reviews can now be sorted by Most Helpful first or Newest first
– you can now filter reviews to show ones for the latest version of the app as well as made by only the device you are using